Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vacation Bible School this week



I've been helping with Vacation Bible School at church this week. I have a class of first graders. We have been doing a bunch of crafts. We made Origami Frogs. The frogs are all up at church so I cannot take a picture today.

Here is a link to the instructions we used. http://www.frogsonice.com/froggy/origami/

These were a little hard but everyone did manage to do at least one.

We made some Ojo de Dios also and they went very well. I used craft sticks. They are standard popsicle stick length but skinnier. A few kids made 5 or 6 Ojos.

Tomorrow we are making Dragonflies. I still have the sample home so I could take a picture. I made up the pattern my self. The black body is a paper towel roll spray painted black. The wings are one piece of paper each and they are decorated with stickers. It is all held together with massive quantities of Scotch tape. (The eyes are round circle stickers with the blue pupils colored in.)

No comments: